Sunday, 24 February 2008

About the jServiceRules alpha working release.

Well, after some months of development (well, not really that much but as I do it in my spare time, clocks that long) I've finally been able to release an alpha working version. 
In fact, it´s a stripped down version compared what I had in mind, but it's more focused (service oriented) and it can be used as a base for future developments.

Even though it's functional and I've tested it in different enviroments (windows, linux, mac os) using unit and stress testing, still some bugs could appear. Also I'm still improving it, so minor changes could be found in the next version. But that's the reason it's an alpha release :) .

About the release.

This release includes the dist binaries, dependencies (if you choose so), API docs, and two examples. 

It does not include the support package therefore there is no Spring (and the rest of the bunch)  integration yet, so the only option to use and configure the framework is through code (see examples and further posts). I'll release it at the end of this week or early next.


About the examples.

The even numbers example is simple, just a service that returns if a number is even or not. Two  simpe rules are produced to do that. The objective of this example is to show how to use the basic features.

The Energy example is a more complex one producing  the energy invoice of a customer, giving his personal data and energy readings. In this case, a number of rules are produced to generate the Tariffs available.


No comments: